Fallout: New Vegas’ first downloadable content, Dead Money, is now available for download on Xbox LIVE for 800 Microsoft Points.
With New Vegas, right around the corner, now’s a good time to finish up any loose ends on Fallout 3. This week on Xbox LIVE, all five of the game’s DLCs are available for 400 Microsoft Points.
To purchase the content, head to Xbox.com or just boot up your Xbox 360. Deal expires October 4th.
16 years after id Software released DOOM II on PC, the game is now available on Xbox LIVE. This week we caught up with Brandon James, President of Nerve Software (the team responsible for bringing the game to LIVE) to learn more about what you can expect from this version of the classic FPS.
DOOM II features a new episode; can you talk about how this came about?
When we approached id about doing DOOM II for XBLA, we wanted to add significant new content to the title that would appeal to those who have played the original DOOM II and for players new to the franchise. A lot of the designers at Nerve started out in the industry by creating levels for DOOM and DOOM II, so we knew our away around the editor and what it takes to create a compelling experience in the world of DOOM.
Beginning today, DOOM II is available for download via Xbox LIVE Arcade!
DOOM II expanded upon the white-knuckle excitement of the original DOOM with an amazing assortment of additional weapons, monsters, and carnage-filled environments. With the XBLA version, you’re now able to download and relive all of the heart-pounding action of this classic PC title with brand-new elements, including:
- Legendary weapons: Arm yourself with the legendary weapons from the original DOOM, as well as the Super Shotgun.
- New enemies and levels: Experience DOOM like never before, with six new enemies and 32 new levels. Play it alone or invite a friend to play in co-op mode via split screen or Xbox LIVE.
- Bonus chapter: Brave the never-before-seen bonus chapter, No Rest for the Living, an Xbox LIVE Arcade exclusive.
- Deathmatch: Jump into intense deathmatch action with up to four players via split screen or over Xbox LIVE.
- Avatar extras: Outfit your Avatar with the old-school DOOM II T-Shirt or the full-body DOOM Marine uniform.
- Xbox LIVE Achievements
- HD visuals
- 5.1 surround sound
Whether you’re looking for nostalgia, or ready to experience the game for the first time, you can purchase DOOM II here for 800 Microsoft Points. If you want to discuss the game, check out the community forum on Xbox.com.
As previously announced, Fallout 3 DLC is the Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week. For one week only, Xbox LIVE Gold Members can purchase Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta for 400 Microsoft Points each.
In other 50% off news, Steam is slashing prices in half for all QUAKE games between Monday, March 29th (starting at 5PM PST) and Thursday, April 1st (ending at 4 PM PST).
Now if Nick can just make some cookies in celebration of the QUAKE Sale.
As announced on Major Nelson’s blog, Fallout 3 DLC will be the Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week between March 22nd and March 28th. During this time, all DLC for the game — that’s Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, and Mothership Zeta — will be half off and cost only 400 Microsoft Points.
Earlier this week, Xbox’s Major Nelson announced new titles coming to Xbox LIVE’s Games on Demand service. Among the titles releasing on LIVE is Fallout 3, which will be priced at $29.99.
Fallout 3 hits Games on Demand this coming Tuesday, March 2nd, in North America and Asia (except Japan, Korea and India).
While recently navigating through Xbox LIVE, you might have noticed The Epic RPGs Sweepstakes — which gives you a chance to level up your living room with a “Gamer Lounge” — an amazing prize pack featuring the following items:
- (2) Lovesacs chairs (ARV, $438)
- A 42″ HDTV (ARV, $699.99)
- A Home Theater System (ARV, $399.99)
- (2) Lava Lamps (ARV, $49.98)
- 4,000 Microsoft Points (ARV, $50)
- Xbox LIVE 12 Month Subscription (ARV, $49.99)
- Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (ARV, $49.99)
Register by downloading the Epic RPGs Gamer Picture on LIVE, or simply grabbing it off Xbox.com. You can increase your chances (i.e. gain experience) by downloading select RPG content via LIVE — including Fallout 3 DLC, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, and the Games on Demand version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
There’s plenty more RPG content to choose from, and you can even enter by watching a movie on Netflix or signing up for Last.FM or Facebook. Just keep in mind the level cap is 20 (even if you purchase Broken Steel), and content must be purchased between 12:01 A.M. Eastern Time (ET) on December 1 and ends at 11:59 P.M. ET on December 14, 2009.
Within our forums and in emails, we’ve seen numerous requests that we create Fallout 3 items to Xbox LIVE’s Avatar Marketplace. On Thursday, November 26th, we’ll be releasing the items shown above:
- Vault 101 Suit (male, female)– 240 MS Points
- Bethesda Game Studios Shirt (male, female)– 80 MS Points
- Fallout 3 Ringer Shirt (male, female)– 80 MS Points
- Vault Boy Shirt (male, female)) — 80 MS Points
- Vault Boy Suit (male only) — 240 MS Points*
- Vault Boy Head (male and female)– 160 MS Points
As noted above, all items can be purchased for male and female avatars, with the exception of the Vault Boy Suite (male only). Click the links to purchase them via Xbox.com.
*Updated: As it turns out, we goofed on the price of the Vault Boy Head. This avatar item runs for 160 MS points (we previously posted that it would go for 80 MS Points). Sorry for the confusion.