2013 brings a new era to Spike’s annual video game award show. Now known as VGX, we’re excited to announce that Dishonored’s The Knife of Dunwall has received a nomination in the Best DLC category! It’s a great honor for Arkane Studios, who took home the VGA for Best Action/Adventure Game last year.
Nominees were voted on by the VGX Advisory Council, a group comprised of game journalists from the likes of Entertainment Weekly, Game Informer, Joystiq, Kotaku, Polygon, IGN, GameTrailers, Gamespot, Wired.com, USA Today and Associated Press. Winners will also be determined by the council, with the exception of the Most Anticipated Game and Character of the Year categories, which will be voted on at VGXLIVE.com.
Want to see who wins? This year’s awards will be streamed in nearly a bazillion ways — including but not limited to Twitch.TV, Xbox LIVE, PlayStation 3, and VGXLIVE.com. The three hour stream begins on Saturday, December 7, beginning at 6:00 PM ET / 3:00 PM PT.
At elderscrollsonline.com, learn more about campaigns, lockpicking, and more in the newest ‘Ask Us Anything’.
Here’s a snippet…
When you are picking a lock, will another player be able to kill you while you’re trying to open it? – Brenden Warren
Tamriel is a dangerous place. If you let your guard down while you focus on lockpicking, you might get attacked. Enemy NPCs might do this anywhere in the world, and hostile players will love the opportunity to surprise you in Cyrodiil. But then again, you never know what loot might be in that chest … maybe it’s worth bringing a friend to watch your back
Recently Wikia announced the winners of our “Thinking Outside the Boxman” sweepstakes
for the The Evil Within. Based on the 3D model we provided (above), we got some pretty amazing entries.
Below are the Grand Prize winners randomly selected that will receive an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 graphics card and a The Evil Within poster signed by Shinji Mikami.
Additionally, this next group of entries received a signed poster as a runner-up prize.
While not everyone can win, we received plenty of other great submissions — including the entries below.
Thanks to everyone that submitted entries… some truly terrifying images!
The Skyrim mash-up now has a release date — Wednesday, November 20th! The content will be available worldwide for $3.99/€3.79/£2.69.
Announced earlier this month at Minecon, watch the new trailer for the Skyrim mash-up coming soon to Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition.
If you missed it, here’s the content breakdown for the pack:
- Skyrim themed texture set to apply to any existing or newly created Minecraft world.
- 40 Skyrim characters skins to apply to player’s in-game avatars: Dragonborn (male), Dragonborn (female), Ancano, Elenwen, Argonian Fighter, Argonian Mage, Bosmer Archer, Bosmer Mage, Breton Mage, Forsworn Shaman, Dunmer Mage, Dunmer Assassin, Imperial Soldier, Vex, Khajiit Merchant, Stormcloak Soldier, Lydia, Orc Blacksmith, Orc Warrior female, Nazir, Saadia, Vampire Lord, Isran, Astrid, Aela the Huntress, M’aiq the Liar, Greybeard, Frost Troll, Flame Atronach, Dragon Priest, Hagraven, Draugr Deathlord, Sheogorath, Spriggan, Dwarven Centurion, Wispmother, Dremora Lord, Master Necromancer, Vilkas, Orc Warrior Male
- Skyrim themed Menu, UI and Inventory including integrated Skyrim logo.
- Skyrim music score featuring the following original tracks: Watch the Skies, Dragonborn, Awake, From Past To Present, The City Gates, Dragonsreach, Distant Horizons, Dawn, The Jerall Mountains, Secunda, Frostfall, Unbound, Far Horizons, The Streets of Whiterun, The White River, Standing Stones, Tundra, Journey’s End, Aurora, Solitude, Wind Guide You, Tooth and Claw, Into Darkness, Shadows and Echoes, Towers and Shadows, Death in the Darkness
- Pre-made World recreating the area of Whiterun, Riverwood and Bleak falls Barrow (on a smaller scale in order to fit with technical constraints of the games map size limits)
Do you find yourself out of breath while performing regular activities? Are your engineering skills not what they used to be? Finding you can’t fire your laser rifle with as much precision as you used to? Well never fear, your set of Vault-Tec Bobbleheads from GamingHeads are here. These are available as a set or individually. Series One Bobbleheads available:
- Energy Weapons
- Lock Pick
- Melee Weapons
Purchase individually or as set at GamingHeads.com
Purchase individually or in sets on the official Bethesda Store.
For more store news, hit click below…
Continue reading full article ›
Recently BGS character artist Dennis Mejilones and his wife Elizabeth welcomed their first child, Adriana Dahlia. To help celebrate the occasion, world artist Josh Jay, whose been known to make some pretty amazing helmets in the past, decided to create a helmet for Adriana.
In the slideshow below, check out various images of the production process, and read our short interview with Jay after the break.
Continue reading full article ›
It’s getting to be the time of year where everyone focuses on what titles are coming out around the holiday season. PC Gamer (US) has placed The Elder Scrolls Online on the front of their Holiday 2013 issue! In addition to gracing the cover, PC Gamer has a nine-screenshot filled pages article going into detailing their exploration of the Khajiit homeland, Elsweyr.
Be sure to grab yourself a copy on newsstands now!
Update: We are currently sold out of Bobbleheads, but check back! We’ll be restocking them in December and will be sure to let everyone know.
We’re giving you a head start to up those Skills and advance what makes you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! Vault-Tec Bobbleheads have come to the store and are available for you to pre-order now. They’re sure to look great on any shelf or bobblehead stand.
Order one (or both!) at store.bethsoft.com to guarantee you have one before they are Out of Stock in 2277*.
*Could be earlier than that…
Thumbing through PC Gamer, I read about PC Gamer contributor Andy Kelly’s video series “Other Places.” The video series focuses on the visual eye candy of various game worlds. Among the world’s already featured are Dishonored’s Dunwall and various areas from Skyrim. Definitely worth checking out both videos which are embedded in this post.
Elsewhere on the web, we recommend checking out these links.
- Metro UK talks about The Evil Within and getting the right balance when implementing action into a survival-horror game.
- Both The Elder Scrolls Online and Wolfenstein: The New Order are included in Gameranx look at the Best PC Games of 2014.
- Watch Gamespot’s newest episode of Skyrim Mods.
- In time for Halloween last week, GameFront took a look back at DOOM in two parts. In part 1, they reflect on the game’s impact after 20 years, while part 2 highlights 23 memorable mods made by the community.
- On the subject of DOOM, we spotted perhaps the finest game-related tattoo of all time on Tumblr user Saguzar’s page. For more proof that is awesome 20 years later, check out the tat below.
Got a story for us to share on “Around the web”? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ping our @bethblog Twitter account with #Aroundtheweb.
The latest round of answered questions for ESO are up at elderscrollsonline.com. Head here to learn about character creation and much more.
How many hairstyles does the character creator have for each race? What hair and eye colors are currently available? – Jeff Glover
There are currently 24 hairstyle choices per gender in the character creation system. Some of these choices are shared between races, but each race has some unique hairstyle options. Hair color and eye color are also specific to each race and align with established lore. For example, Wood Elves have an option for black eyes that is not available to any other race.