Exciting news today for Elder Scrolls fans. On September 10th (and September 13th in Europe), we’ll be releasing The Elder Scrolls Anthology on PC. This premium box set (shown above) includes all five main games from the series – Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim – as well all the official add-ons and expansions for Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.
To help you explore the expansive world of Tamriel, the Anthology also features a set of five physical maps detailing the lands of Tamriel, Iliac Bay, Morrowind, Cyrodiil and Skyrim.
In case you haven’t been with us since 1994, here’s a recap of all five titles that will be included in the $79.99 package (€59.99 / £49.99 / $89.99AUD)
Arena – Assume the role of a lone prisoner and travel to Tamriel’s most famous and dangerous sites to collect the shattered Staff of Chaos and save the Empire from the evil Imperial battlemage, Jagar Tharn. The Anthology features the original version of Arena and will launch within a DOS emulator.
Daggerfall – The ancient golem Numidium, a powerful weapon once used to unify Tamriel has once again been unearthed. In the power struggle that follows, the King of Daggerfall is murdered and his vengeful spirit haunts the kingdom. The Emperor Uriel Septim VII sends you on a heroic path to put the king’s spirit to rest and ensure that the golem does not fall into the wrong hands. The Anthology features the original version of Daggerfall and will launch within a DOS emulator.
Morrowind – To fulfill an ancient prophecy, the Emperor sends you, an unknown Imperial courier, to the island of Vvardenfell to rid the land of Morrowind of a dark curse. Through a series of dangerous and magical quests, you are transformed into one of the Empire’s most enduring heroes. Also includes: Tribunal and Bloodmoon add-ons, plus The Elder Scrolls Construction Set.
Oblivion – With the Empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land. In the shadow of evil, a hero will rise from the ashes of a fallen Empire. You must find the true heir of the Septim line and restore him to the Imperial throne, while unraveling the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel. Also includes: Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansions.
Skyrim – Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel. The future of Skyrim, even the Empire itself, hangs in the balance as they wait for the prophesized Dragonborn to come; a hero born with the power of The Voice, and the only one who can stand amongst the dragons. Also includes: Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn add-ons.
Wanna see more? Check out our slideshow below featuring additional images from the collection.
What versions of the games are included with Anthology?
The Elder Scrolls Anthology is the same content you would get if you purchased the boxed version of each game.
- Arena and Daggerfall include a pre-configured version of DosBox that gets installed during installation and allows you to play on modern machines.
- Morrowind GOTY and Oblivion GOTY are based on the retail versions of the game, which do not require Steam activation. For Oblivion, this means that the disc version of the game does not include the smaller add-ons (Horse Armor, Fighter’s Stronghold, Mehrunes’ Razor, etc)… more on that below.
- For Skyrim, the disc is based on the Legendary release of the game, which requires Steam activation.
As a bonus, the included Steam key will activate Steam versions of Morrowind GOTY and Oblivion GOTY Deluxe. Like the disc release of Oblivion, the deluxe versions include the main game, Knights of the Nine, and Shivering Isles, but it also adds English versions of the Wizard’s Tower, Fighter’s Stronghold, Orrery, Thives’ Den, The Vile Lair, Mehrunes’ Razor, and Horse Armor. These add-ons are not compatible with the disc version of the game, so you will need to use the Steam version to access them.
This summer, Amazon UK kicked off a fan vote to determine “the generation’s greatest game”. We’re excited to see that two BGS games, Skyrim and Fallout 3, made the tournament… and that Skyrim was voted as the overall winner.
Up against some of our favorite games, it’s an honor to see Skyrim come out on top. To everyone that voted, thanks for your support.
In preparation for next week’s release of The Brigmore Witches, a new title update has been release on Steam, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Details below:
Dishonored Patch 1.4
- Adds support for Dishonored’s upcoming add-on, The Brigmore Witches.
Bug Fixes (The Knife Of Dunwall)
- Fixed issue where music box would stay attached to the NPC when choking and then carrying a music box Overseer.
- Fixed issue where thrown NPCs killed by falling damage were not counted towards kill stats.
- Fixed issue where sound effects for the Saw Butcher were muted after a save/load.
- Fixed issue where sound was muffled after a save/load in Timsch Basement.
- Fixed issue where music from music box Overseer persisted after death.
- Fixed issue where NPCs didn’t react to chokedust while moving in its explosion radius.
- Fixed a graphical glitch on Favor tutorial screen.
- Fixed a rare crash when loading Daud’s Base (PC).
- Fixed a minor issue allowing users to make notes disappear when pressing key combinations (PC).
Bug Fixes (Dishonored)
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to recover two bolts instead of one on dead bodies.
- Fixed an issue where Unnerving Target & Quick Dodge bonecharms were ineffective.
- Fixed a crash when loading saves made on earlier title updates.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes activating a door wouldn’t display an interaction dialog nor open the door.
- Fixed minor localization issues (ESA) (PC).
The Brigmore Witches arrives on Xbox 360, PS3, and Steam ($9.99 or 800 MS Points) on Tuesday, August 13th. PS3 players in Europe will be able to purchase the content a day later on August 14th.
Just announced at QuakeCon 2013, we’re pleased to announce that the QuakeCon Steam & id Mobile sale has begun!
From now until the end of the weekend (August 1-4) you can purchase the QuakeCon 2013 Pack, which includes more than 20 id Software and Bethesda Softworks titles, for $89.99..
This special package includes titles such as:
- Skyrim Legendary
- Commander Keen Complete Pack
- Doom 3 BFG
- Doom Classic Complete
- Heretic/Hexen Pack
- Quake 4
- Quake Collection
- Rage DLC Scorchers
- Wolf Pack
- Call of Cthulhu
- The Knife of Dunwall
- Dunwall City Trials
- Fallout 3 – Game of the Year
- Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
- Morrowind Game of the Year
- Oblivion Game of the Year Deluxe
We will also be offering deals each day on individual id Software and Bethesda Softworks’ titles via Steam. Daily deals include:
Thursday: id Sale, with all id games 75% off
Friday: Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and all Fallout DLC 75% off
Saturday: The Elder Scrolls Sale, with Elder Scrolls titles and DLCs selling for 40-75% off
Sunday: Dishonored, including DLC 66% off
Additionally, during QuakeCon we will be running an id Mobile sale and a free premium weekend for QuakeLive. Details below…
QuakeLive Premium Weekend
Play QuakeLive Premium from August 1st through August 4th for free! Access all premium areas and play both premium ‘Freeze Tag’ and ‘Domination’ game types. Keep an eye on the QuakeLive Facebook page and Twitter accounts for ways to win pro-level subscriptions throughout the weekend.
BETHESDA STORE SALE
From August 1st – 5th, pick up items from some of your favorite id Software and Bethesda Softworks franchises from the online Bethesda Store and receive a discount of 20% off all purchases of $50 or more at store.bethsoft.com.
Announced today, you can pre-order the limited (250 total) Dragonborn – Morokei Dragon Priest statue for $370 at store.bethsoft.com. Designed by artist Alejandro Pereira, the 16-inch tall statue will release in Q4 of this year and is limited to 250 pieces worldwide.
Want the original statue? You can still reserve the original Dragonborn statue here.
Just revealed at QuakeCon (and available early for attendees), August’s Vault Boy Tee of the Month features the Rad Absorption perk. You’ll literally beam with pride wearing the shirt — as it glows in the dark. Can’t wait to see these in the dark corners of the BYOC.
Per usual, you’ve got one week to purchase this month’s tee before it goes back into the Vault.
We’re celebrating QuakeCon at store.bethsoft.com with 20% savings on any purchase over $50. This deal runs through out QuakeCon (starting on August 1st) and ends on Monday, August 5th.
QuakeCon 2013 has officially begun. Keep tabs on our panels and presentations scheduled to start this afternoon, as well as the 2013 tournament cover through our Twitch.TV/Bethesda and Twitch.TV/QuakeCon feeds.