Countdown the days to Skyrim in style on Xbox LIVE! Today, LIVE users can download the first round up Skyrim Avatar items (that’s right, more are coming)::
As tradition goes, when Bethesda Game Studios is close to wrapping up development on a title, we hold a speedrun competition through the main quest (with no cheats allowed). While the game will take many hours to complete for a first-time players, our developers have years of experience under their belts and know all the ins and outs for speeding through the game. The contest pits the best Bethesda Game Studios has to offer vs. the best of QA The person with the best time wins a trophy and gets a pie of their choice from Todd Howard.
With Sunday’s NFL games about to kick off, I thought it was only fitting to share this “field goal” guide from G4TV. Head here for their full guide to racing through the wasteland.
- Implemented workaround for AMD driver crash right after intro cinematic on Win 7 32-bit systems.
- Disabled UBOs because they are causing animation issues with AMD drivers. Don’t allow swap-tear to be enabled on AMD while the extension is not exposed because it may crash.
- Support for new video settings: “texture cache”, “vsync”, and ”anisotropic filter”
- Automatically adjust vt_maxPPF based on the number of available cores.
- Improved performance for SLI cards when GPU transcode is enabled.
- Fix for GPU Transcoding option being disabled after exiting gameplay.
- Added safe mode to restore video settings to default values.
- Allow g_fov to be changed from the RAGE launch options in Steam.
- Server now forwards text chat from clients to all other clients while in-game.
Head to our RAGE forums for more details.
While many folks are playing RAGE on PC and not running into issues, we’re aware that some of you are experiencing issues with screen tearing and texture issues. The teams at Bethesda and id Software are on the case, and we’re working with the likes of Nvidia and AMD to resolve them as quickly as possible.
We know that you want to experience RAGE at its absolute best, so we’ll continue to use this blog post to keep you posted.
- Nvidia users should try updating RAGE to the current beta driver and check out their guide to improving performance.
- Visit our forums for solutions that can improve reported issues with screen tearing, blurry textures, and texture pop up.
- We’re currently working on an update that will allow you to more easily make configuration changes… should have more details on that shortly.
- AMD users need to update to the most recent RAGE Catalyst driver. Grab it here!
- Improves performance in Rage on single GPU and AMD CrossFire configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000, AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series and AMD Radeon HD 4000 series of products.
- Resolves intermittent crashing seen loading levels in Rage
- Resolves flickering of NPCs in Rage
- Enables automatic Vsync for Rage
As you wait to play the game, check out a history lesson on id from Gamespot UK…
It’s RAGE launch week and this week Shawn Casey steps up to the plate to answer questions…
What do you do at id Software (or more specifically on RAGE) and how long have you worked at the company?
I’m a Generalist Programmer and currently responsible for the save games and achievements across all platforms. I joined the team January 2010.
Between today and October 10th, we’ve got 50% savings on a number of our downloads on Xbox LIVE, including:
- Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta – 400 points
- Fallout 3: Point Lookout - 400 points
- Fallout 3: Broken Steel – 400 points
- Fallout 3: The Pitt - 400 points
- Fallout 3: Operation: Anchorage - 400 points
Fallout Avatar items
- The Vault Boy Suit (Avatar Item) - 120 points
- Vault 101 suite (male/female) - 120 points
- Vault Boy Head - 80 points
Fallout: New Vegas
Xbox LIVE Arcade
*Awesome helmet not included