Watch the Sprint ad to see how you could hang at your local GameStop with members of the Brink team — or maybe a community manager or two
Like many of you, we’re keeping up on all the latest E3 coverage. Throughout the week, we’ll update this post with the latest on Skyrim.
- G4TV has Todd Howard and 14 minutes of gameplay — watch it above! And if that’s not enough, they also have a pre-E3 preview here.
- Learn more about dragons and being dragonborn in a new preview at IGN.
- Elsewhere on IGN, Skyrim is nominated for Best Overall Game, Best Role-Playing Game, and the Most Anticipated Game Award coming out of E3.
- PC Gamer/CVG caught up with lead producer Craig Lafferty to learn more about the game’s length and the voice actors involved. They also break down recent gameplay footage featured on GameTrailers.
- The Guardian’s Steve Boxer shares his excitement for Skyrim
Get reading, and be on the lookout for Prey 2 and RAGE updates later this week.
Check out the newest screenshots for RAGE, Skyrim, and Prey 2.
When E3 attendees visit our booth and enter our Skyrim theater, they’re first greeted by a life-sized Elder Scroll. Created by the fine folks at WETA (Lord of the Rings), we look forward to proudly displaying this at our office.
Enjoy more shots from our Flickr page
Updated: New pics added from Day 1 of E3
E3′s doors are officially open! Before I head into the madness, I thought I’d share some pics we uploaded to our Flickr page.
What’s in the box?? We’ll post more pics from the booth later.
Hot off the press! This afternoon we’ve officially announced The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition — coming to North America (more details on Europe soon) on Tuesday, July 12. Read the full release below:
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition Available July 12th!
We are pleased to announce that The Elder Scrolls IV™: Oblivion® 5th Anniversary Edition will available in North America on Tuesday, July 12, 2011.
The anniversary edition, which has a suggested retail price of $29.99, is the complete collection of the original award-winning game as well as the Knights of the Nine® and Shivering Isles® expansions. With countless ‘Game of the Year’ awards and overwhelming critical praise, Oblivion still remains a defining game in the role-playing genre. Celebrate one of the most expansive next-generation titles ever to be released on the Xbox®360, PlayStation®3, and PC platforms with this definitive, limited-edition compilation.
The Elder Scrolls IV™: Oblivion® 5th Anniversary Edition includes:
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: With the empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land. You must find the lost heir to the throne and unravel the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.
Knights of the Nine: A fallen King has been unchained from the darkness of Oblivion to seek vengeance upon the Gods who banished him. Only a champion pure of heart can vanquish the evil that has been released.
Shivering Isles: Enter the torn realm of Sheogorath – a world where Mania and Dementia reign. Do you have the strength to survive his trials, to tame a realm fraught with paranoia and despair, and wear the mantle of a God?
The North American 5th Anniversary Edition also includes:
Collector’s Steelbook: A beautiful collectible metal case masterfully embossed with Daedric symbols.
Making of Oblivion: A behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of Oblivion.
Oblivion Game Map: A full-color map of Cyrodiil and the Shivering Isles.
Save on Skyrim: Contains a $10 mail-in rebate offer for the purchase of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and a Skyrim strategy guide.
Details on the versions that will be available in the rest of the world and their contents will be released soon.
Like Skyrim, Prey 2 saw it’s gameplay debut on Gametrailers today. Watch project lead Chris Rhinehart walkthrough our E3 demo for the game.
I’ll let Todd do the talking… here’s your first chance to check out gameplay for Skyrim (filmed earlier today on Gametrailers). Let us know what you think.
Watch as painters create the massive Dovahkiin ad at LA’s Figueroa Hotel — just blocks from the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Live presentations! Interviews! New Screenshots! SO… MUCH… MORE!!! Why do I sound like used car salesman on TV?!? Because we’re headed to LA tomorrow, and that means things are going to get craaaaaazy!!
When we get there, we’ll be greeted by our pal Dovahkiin — as he graces the famous Figueora Hotel (more on that soon).
But before we head to the airport, let’s share some pre-E3 news.
- Don’t miss the first look at Skyrim gameplay tomorrow on GTTV Presents: E3 All Access Live. After Microsoft’s E3 briefing, Todd will be presenting the game on Spike TV. Talking with Mr. Keighley, he says the show will also be livestreaming in HD worldwide on Gametrailers.com, Kotaku, MTV.com and Yahoo!
- CVG revealed that Skyrim was voted the #1 most anticipated game of E3. Thanks for voting!
- Kotaku looks ahead to Prey 2 and RAGE in their E3 Shooters preview. Meanwhile, Skyrim gets covered in their RPG preview.
- Gametrailers has Skyrim as their #2 most anticipated game of the show.
- Keep an eye on new Skyrim news on the newly updated Planet Elder Scrolls.
- FPS Guru looks forward to seeing more on RAGE at the show.
- Xbox 360 Achievements gets a head start on interviewing Skyrim lead designer Bruce Nesmith.
- Following Hunted’s release, you can find new reviews for the game at Eurogamer, The Controller Online, Joystiq, Just Push Start, and DieHard GameFan.
For updated info on E3, keep an eye on our Twitter and Facebook pages (listed above in the blog menu). We’ll also post coverage roundups asap on the blog.