That S.P.E.C.I.A.L. day Android users have been waiting for is here: Fallout Shelter is now downloadable for free on Google Play.
Today’s launch includes all-new game updates, including the introduction of Mr. Handy – the ultimate robotic companion – as a premium reward. Use him to collect resources inside your Vault, send him into the wasteland to collect Caps, or defend your Vault from creatures and disasters, including new Deathclaw invasions and Molerat infestations. This update is also available on the Apple App Store today.
Fallout Shelter was an instant hit when it launched immediately after our #BE3 showcase in June. Quickly rocketing to the top of the games charts in 48 countries, this addictive simulation in which you take control of an underground Vault in a post-nuclear wasteland also surpassed Candy Crush as the App Store’s No.3 top-grossing app in the United States!
Whether you’re an expert overseer, or just learning the ropes (check out our tips here), Vault-Tec has put together a handy (heh!) list of changes and improvements below….
V 1.1 Change Log
To ensure your experience is as enjoyable and hassle-free as possible, Vault-Tec engineers have implemented some exiting new features!
- Overseers should be on the lookout for new threats to their Vault Dwellers. Some Vaults have reported attacks by burrowing Mole Rats and enraged Deathclaws – likely attracted by the sound of new construction.
- Vault-Tec has partnered with General Atomics International in order to offer Overseers their very own robot butler – the Mister Handy! Now you lazier Overseers have a friendly, entertaining alternative to tapping and collecting resources. (Crumpets not included.)
- Our engineers clearly underestimated the, *ahem*, usefulness of living quarters to stimulate Vault growth, resulting is gross overpopulation and decreased Vault efficiency. Rest assured, the simulation has been adjusted, and Vaults of all shapes and sizes should now run more smoothly.
- Not content with stealing your Vault’s resources, some rather enterprising Raiders have now resorted to stealing Caps as well. (If you haven’t armed your Vault Dwellers yet, now’s the time!)
- As Vault-Tec does not approve of the use of unsanctioned levitation technology, all Vault Dwellers that were found floating through the air have been grounded. Permanently.
- Some of the more difficult daily objective requirements have been adjusted to more obtainable levels. You’re welcome.
- Continued general maintenance to the Vault simulation. Because an efficient machine is a happy machine!